Thursday 6 March 2014

World Book Day 2014
























Yes, it's that time of day again! The day mother's around the world dread, when you have to transform your little darlings into the Gruffalo or Hermione or (if you are lucky, like me) a random child from a book who just wears normal clothes.It can only mean one thing...World Book Day!


For the last few years I have made book themed cookies for my kidlet's classes to help celebrate this special day. This year my eldest kidlet moved up to a new school, and even though they are still dressing up I made the executive decision not to make cookies for her class, I'm a bit time poor at the moment.



I asked my littlest kidlet what they had been reading in the class recently, I learnt that they had been bingeing on Roald Dahl...and why not, he's is brilliant and really appeals to the naughtiness of children.
So I made cookies using characters illustrated by Quiten Blake from 'The Twits' and 'George's Marvelous Medicine'.













I hope that your little ones have enjoyed World Book Day and are encouraged to keep reading.
xxx 


You can see previous World Book Day cookies here, here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment