Friday 30 November 2012

Mincemeat recipe


















Last Sunday was Stir-up-Sunday when you are supposed to make your Christmas puddings and cakes. The fruit for my Christmas pudding is still soaking up the brandy and I am hoping to find time to make it before Christmas day, but who knows? It is such a trial trying to find a four hour stretch when I'm at home with time to steam it. However with the help of a kidlet I managed to get my mincemeat made, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. This is a great recipe if you only want to make a couple of batches of mince pies. Most other recipes I have found made enough to last me for years! 
It is a simple recipe but go ahead and add spices or alcohol to make it more to your taste. 

Ingredients
50g dried cranberries
50g dried blueberries
50g mixed peel
50g cherries washed dried and chopped
150g currants
125g raisins
125g sultanas
100g suet
100g grated cooking apple
150g dark brown sugar

Method
Bung (yes that's a technical term) everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon into a jar. Cover with a lid and leave for a week before using.


























You can download the recipe here.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment